ISLAMABAD, Dec. 9 (Xinhua) — Officials in Pakistan’s southwestern Balochistan said Saturday that over 300 militants and 17 of their commanders of banned organizations have laid down arms and surrendered to the government.
The militants surrendered at a ceremony in Quetta, the provincial capital, they said.
Chief Minister of Balochistan, Nawab Sanaullah Khan Zehri, told the ceremony that the law and order situation is being improved in the province. “Those who are conspiring against Pakistan will never succeed in their evil designs,” he said.
Earlier in Aug. 22, militants and a commander of the banned Baloch Liberation Army had surrendered to security forces.