RIYADH (RAHNUMA): Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman made a phone call to Bahrain King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa, the Saudi Press Agency reported early Wednesday.
The crown prince offered condolences over the two Bahraini military personnel killed near the southern Saudi border with Yemen and wished the injured a speedy recovery.
King Hamad expressed his thanks and appreciation for the crown prince and affirmed that Bahrain is proud of the two soldiers, who were carrying out their national duties.
The bodies of the fallen servicemen Lieutenant Mubarak Hashel Zayed Al-Kubaisi and Corporal Yaqoub Rahmat Moulai Mohammed arrived on Monday at the Isa Air Base on board a Royal Bahraini Air Force aircraft, the Bahrain New Agency said.
Bahrain’s military command said a drone attack by Yemen’s Houthi rebels killed the two Bahraini soldiers — one of them an officer — at Saudi Arabia’s southern border early Monday. The soldiers had been patrolling the area.
Earlier, Saudi Arabia’s foreign ministry voiced its “condemnation and denunciation” of the “treacherous attack on the defense force of the Kingdom of Bahrain stationed on the southern border of the Kingdom, which resulted in the martyrdom of a number of its brave soldiers and the injury of others.”
“The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia stands by Bahrain and renews its stance of rejection to the continued flow of weapons to the terrorist Houthi militia as well as calls to ban arms export to Yemeni territories,” it said.