JEDDAH (RAHNUMA) The Saudi minister of Islamic affairs announced on Friday the readiness of the Kingdom’s mosques to welcome worshippers after he completed field trips to check on necessary preparations.
“Throughout our inspection trips, we found our mosques to have completed preparations and are in the best condition,” said Sheikh Abdullatif Al-Asheikh.
“Whatever remains falls upon citizens. I hope that citizens and residents follow healthy precautionary measures as instructed by professionals. I hope that they’re careful with their own lives and the lives of others.”
Meanwhile, the Kingdom recorded 17 new COVID-19-related deaths on Friday, raising the total to 458. There were 1,581 new cases reported in Saudi Arabia, meaning 81,766 people have now contracted the disease. There are 24,295 active cases.The Health Ministry announced that 2,460 more patients have recovered from COVID-19, bringing the total number of recoveries in the Kingdom to 57,013.
Saudi Arabia has so far conducted 787,465 tests for COVID-19. The Health Ministry said anyone can set up an appointment on the Sehaty app to get tested. The initiative is part of the ministry’s efforts to combat the virus and promote mass testing. The ministry reminded Saudis and expats to be mindful of the elderly as they have a higher risk of contracting the virus.
Saudi authorities launched a detailed timetable on Monday for a three-stage easing of coronavirus restrictions, designed to introduce a return to normal life in the Kingdom in less than a month.